WELCOME NIGERIA

Coming at y’all straight outta your eclectic metropolis, LAS-GIDI…..fellow Nigerians ….its new, its refreshing, it’s d E411…giving you d latest low-down on d buzz in 9ja’s entertainment industry !
Got entertainment gossip cravings? Fashion issues? A hunger for piping hot, in-your-face reviews and interviews?
Then people, you need not cringe in shame! U want it, we supply it!
It’s no holds barred for us as we’d be making no exceptions. We capture the celebs moments of fame and shame so here’s a bit of a WARNING (for the artistes): If you feel d heat, then you’ve earned it and if u can’t stand it, haul yourself outta d kitchen cuz we are going to be smokin’!!!
As long as we’ve got you n you hang on to us, you’re in for a jaw-dropping experience!!
Some may see us as critics (well…at least those on our hitlist), some may see us as real n concise (yeah…our family n friends), while some may see us as attention seekers (if they do, then we MUST be doing sumfin right).
But whichever way you tint your shades, we’ll continue being your funky fly, sizzling fresh entertainment portal; E411.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY!!!!!

E411...

01 September, 2009

MADNESS FOR FREE.......IT'S TERRY G AGAIN

When I first heard this ‘song’(and I use that term loosely), I made up my mind not to comment on it ever. I just shook my head and lumped it into my ‘one of THOSE songs’ category, since It was nothing more than a microphone check and a freestyle.
‘Lo n behold’, the song started getting ‘mad’ airplay, at clubs, parties, the ‘local record stores’ and was only recently spotted as one of the top songs of the week in a renowned Nigerian journal. At this point, I decided to put pen to paper.
First off, I must admit I am a perverse fan of Terry G. I may dislike his music, but I grudgingly admit that I know word for word almost every song he has produced or sang. Not to mention that my body betrays me everytime his songs come up on the radio. He has an infectious melody to his music and lyrics that is crude but relatable to, not to mention his eccentric creativity which is evident in this ‘song’.
The song may contain unheard words/slangs such as ‘salangolo’ and ‘skimpololo’ (ever heard of these?), but in the current Nigerian market, I can extract three, maybe four hit singles from his songs that kids on the streets can relate to and hum all over the place.
.....all in all, this is a dreadful song.
I may dance to it and so may you but it won’t make it a good song.
His creativity in on display but constant references to liquour, profanity, cannabis and even an extended period where he says gibberish (and I mean literal gibberish) sucks out the minute attempt at creativity.
Remember this line?
‘People wey get this beat eh, omo dem dey for outside eh, me I dey drop me freestyle eh, to test the microphone eh’.
Well, the amusing part is his version on the beat will be more popular than the actual owners. who were actually outside the studio or whatever.
When a song like this gets constant plays, it sadly reflects the values of our entertainment industry.
But what do I know, everyone’s a bloody critic nowadays.
I’m off to play the song again, ‘owe owe!’
Haven't heard the song, click on the link below:
http://www.notjustok.com/2009/06/23/terry-g-free-madness-tolo-tolo-freewindz-ft-terry-g/


OLANBIWONINU

2 comments:

fEMI dOSUNMU said...

TERRY IS DA BOMB WIT THIS NU BREESY... GEEZ THIS IS GOING WEY FAR... GO TERRY

DOSUNMU

Unknown said...

terry pra pra am the ginger to the interleshua at your back pra pra we the best boss.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin