Today, I kick off with something for the ladies (being the gentleman that I am).
A question I often get from lots of my female pals is ‘what do I say when people ask me why I am so dressed up?’ and it makes me wonder if wearing something cute that makes you feel good is a “strange” thing to do!
Anyways, I have decided to grace all you ladies with 23 good reasons why you should put effort into what you wear at all times and not reserve ‘dressing up’ for those special occasions.
Please forgive my pictures. Real Nigerian pics coming soon......
- Because life’s too short to blend in. Don’t settle for average.
- Because you’re only young once. You’re way more gorgeous than you know & have a fabulous body that you’ll one day look back on and wish you had! Take advantage now and show off how fabulous you can be.
- Because fashion is a method of self expression. Say what you have to say.
- Because it obviously annoys some people (like the guy who asks why YOU are so dressed up). The fact that it annoys them so much is all the more reason to keep doing it.
- Because you never know, there’s always a chance you could get snapped by the E411 fashion popo.
- Because you deserve to look your best at all times.
- Because you’ll never improve your sense of style if your default look is “I give up”.
- Because dressing up helps you weed out friends who don’t love you for you. If they have a problem with the way you dress, they’re not the kind of friends you want around.
- Because cute clothes and accessories are a great conversation starter. Wear something fabulous and people will ask you where you got it.
- Because parties aren’t the only time to celebrate.
- Because that fabulous party dress in your closet cost too much to only be worn once.
- Because it’s fun!
- Because even if you live in an “unstylish” neighbourhood where they are scared to dress up, someone has to begin the stylish trend (Going first?). Yeah I know it sounds cheesy, but be the change you want to see in the world. Everyone else can follow your fabulous lead.
- Because dressing up helps you make fashion mistakes and get past them. Mistakes happen to everyone and that’s how you learn what not to do – get them out of the way now!
- Because it’s a test of your confidence. Dressing unconventionally forces you to develop the self-assurance necessary to stand out from everyone else.
- Because fashion is one of the rare instances where art comes alive. What artistic statement do you wish to make?
- Because someday when you have a 9-5 corporate job and are required to wear business suits, you’re going to miss the freedom of dress you had way back. So experiment now! There’s no better time.
- Because glamour isn’t only reserved for the rich and famous, even though maybe they’d like you to believe it is.
- Because if conspiracy theorists are to be believed, the world might end on 12/31/2012 – that’s only 1217 days from now! Don’t spend the theoretical 1217 days you have left playing it simple.
- Because nothing beats the rush you feel when you look in the mirror and LOVE what you see.
Now the most important one…………
- Because you want to. That’s the only reason that matters.
Until next time, i remain yours sincerely.......